I collected a few helpful tips here:
- Get rid of all distractions. Get your focus right! Log out to all your social network accounts. Turn of your phone. Turn off internet, too, if it's not crucial. Spend a few hours doing what you planned without any distractions. DO IT!
- Find a way to organize yourself. Keep a to-do list. If you're an indiedev, you can use HackNPlan. Don't lose track of what you're doing - which leads me to the third point.
- Review how far you've come and ask yourself if it helps achieving your goals. You HAVE to do this no matter what you're trying to achieve (no matter if you want to become better as a person, live a better life, or fulfill your biggest dreams). Dream big and make it happen!
- Make sure your work environment is well-lit. Bright light encourages your brain to focus more. Too less and you get in sleepy mode!
- Make sure your work environment is tidy if you work on tasks requiring a lot of brain juice. For creative tasks, a bit of a chaos may actually help finding ideas.
- Make sure you don't work with a full belly. That's when all your blood is in your intestines instead of your brain. The best time for mental work is with empty stomach after a walk, workout, or cold shower, when your metabolism is all fired up, feeding your brain with valuable oxygen. Breathing exercises in fresh air may help, too.
- A cup of blueberries and other fruit can help boosting your mental capabilities.
How do you keep your productivity high? How do you keep it? Let me know in the comments!