I'm currently making improvements to the camo mechanic, later on I'll create a better AI for the static machine guns as seen in the video. Finally I intend to make an AI for tanks and infantrists as well.
What's also on my Todo List:
- Add sprite sheets instead of loading single files
- Camouflage Skins <--> Terrain Matcher. Terrain and camouflage have an average color, and based on how similar/different they are, a camo value is estimated - Currently it's hardcoded.
- implement positional sound (sound is played "globally" at the moment)
- Add powerups (later: items)
- Day/night cycles: Add a light factor to the camo mechanic. May include some kind of terrain shader as well. (I love when you wander around in the dark in a game only with a flashlight giving you some light).
- Improve AI further by making it respond to noise a target makes and its visibility
- Fix physics location not equal to graphics location